Friday, January 31, 2014

2014: An Update

Oh hey there!

Clearly, it's been quite a while.  And, you know, I could apologize for it.  However, I don't think I will, because I'm starting to think that life is all about getting away from the screen and doing things...or at least reading a book every once in a while.

But please don't leave! I like you here!



Life is proceeding much as expected.

Koda was given clearance to start gradually getting back on the trails in late November.  That was just in time for us to go back to the fairly flatlands of Eastern South Dakota.  There are a couple of parks in the area that feature good sized hills, perfect for starting to work his back muscles.  He really loved wondering around Newton Hills State Park, near Canton, SD.  And, to be honest, it's fun being on a trail without having to worry about bears, mountain cats, etc.....just deer. And perhaps overzealous hunters.

And we got to be there when the weather was, honestly, unseasonably warm. Hence not wearing a winter coat.



This past month has been the gradual process of re-introducing him to the mountains.  Every week we try to get out xc skiing at least once.  We've increased our distance from 1 mile to 5 miles with no effect upon his gait....which makes me one happy dog owner!  Hopefully by May I will be able to take him on 10-15 mile trips once a week!

I know the entry is, well, pathetic. But getting back into the swing of things will be a process. But I'm trying, I swear!

Best,
A



1 comment:

  1. Glad you are still writing! We are still reading! Hope Koda continues to improve! Now that we have Max...I can totally relate to all your doggie posts.

    ReplyDelete